Sunday, June 19, 2011

Root Beer Adventures

Ryan and I have started a new little journey. We are going to become root beer connoisseurs. Once a month we will try a new root beer and give it our honest opinion. 

This month we tried an Australian Root Beer called Bundaberg.

From the Bundaberg website their description says: "Traditionally brewed to a genuine old recipe from real sarsaparilla root, licorice root, vanilla beans and molasses." 

I'd say that's very accurate. We didn't hate this root beer, but I don't think we'll be having it again anytime soon. The licorice flavor was notable and in my opinion, overpowering. The smooth, creamy texture of some of my favorite root beers was lacking. Bundaberg packed a bit of a bite. 

Ryan gave this root beer a 3.5. He didn't seem to mind the taste. 

I give this root beer a solid 2. It was a bit too strong on licorice for me. 


I did enjoy the packaging though. I thought the bottles were unique and fun. 

No comments: