Friday, March 13, 2009

The House of the Lord

Is my blog boring you? Or my lack of keeping it updated? If so, I do apologize. Perhaps I can find more exciting things to evaluate and write about. I will work on this.

I actually have a day off! I couldn't be more excited about that :) It was technically by default because I got my training schedule wrong, but who cares!

This week was SO busy! But here's what I've learned -- being busy is actually pretty nice! I'm busy doing things that mean something to me. I'm starting to get the performing bug again. Man, I missed that bug!

So today I've been doing a lot of catch up things, like cleaning, sleeping in a little (just a little though....), and doing much needed laundry. Not to mention, I've wasted a tiny bit of time on facebook.

oooooookkkkkk ---- So since I have a few minutes to write, I want to write about something that is pretty near and dear to my heart. Temples.

What is a temple, you ask? Well, most of you who read my blog know, but for those of you who don't...Temples are dedicated buildings in which we do work for the Lord and perform saving ordinances for those who are deceased, as well as living ordinances for ourselves. Marriages, the Endowment, as well as baptisms for the dead are all performed here. If you are unsure about these concepts, I encourage you to seek out the writings of the scriptures on these ancient practices. You can also visit www.mormon.org for more information specifically about my Church. In Christ's primitive Church, temples were a very important part of religious worship. Through the Restoration of the Gospel and the opening of the last dispensation of the fullness of times, temples have been re-introduced to the world again. They are not a new concept. Temples are some of the most beautiful buildings on Earth. There are currently over 120 temples scattered throughout the world. Below are some pictures...



SALT LAKE CITY, UT





REXBURG, ID






LOGAN, UT





NAUVOO, IL



These are some of my favorites. As you can see, they vary in size and shape. Some are very big (like Salt Lake) and some are smaller, like Louisville, KY (not shown).

So a show on HBO called "Big Love" is going to be airing a re-enactment of a temple ceremony on Sunday....now, first off, I do not recommend watching it. Especially if you think you're going to get the "inside scoop" on anything related to temple ceremonies. I guarantee you that it will be inaccurate. But just the fact that HBO is making light of one of the most sacred things in the world to about 14 million people makes me sick. I wish there was something I could do to prevent it, but unfortunately, there is not. I, can, however, do my best to educate people on the temples and their purposes. So in addition to my lovely pictures, I would like to show you this wonderful video! Enjoy!

I know, with assurance, and by the power of the Holy Ghost, that temples serve a grand and glorious purpose in the last days before Christ's return. I know that they are by where we can receive the knowledge to live with our Heavenly Father once again. I am so grateful to have a temple right across the street from me. I get to see it every day. I love to go there.

No comments: