Thursday, March 19, 2009

Holy Crap -- How does she do that?

For those who live under a rock...I am studying vocal performance. I have actually started to love and embrace the opera art form. First of all, it is HARD. It is a style of singing that is incredibly difficult. It requires so much attention and so much effort! So anyways....I'm singing this song called "Rejoice Greatly" from Messiah and I have had to work SOOOOO hard to sing it correctly. It has a lot of runs, which if it was a pop song wouldn't be as hard, but in this style, it makes it that more challenging.

So that you can see what I'm trying to do....here is Renee Fleming's performance of this song. In case you are unsure who Renee Fleming is, she's only one of the most amazing opera singers EVER. I come no where NEAR this, but I do try! :) Renee Fleming was one of the first opera singers I was ever exposed to. She has an incredible gift.





This is another song that is CRAAAAAZZZYYYY. You wanna talk about runs?! This lady goes OFF.

Enjoy.




I know to some this might be boring, but if you see it for what it is, then hopefully you can appreciate it. Even a hooker can be converted to loving opera! See below for a clip from my FAVORITE MOVIE EVER!!!


1 comment:

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

I am glad to hear that I don't live under a rock! It was good chatting with you. TTYL

SLY

Q