Friday, September 3, 2010

Why-o-ming.

Chinese myth? No. It's really a place. Once upon a time Wyoming was just a state on the map. I thought to myself, "Who lives in Wyoming?" Well, I guess a few people do. Mainly of the cowboy nature. I have now been to Wyoming and graced a few hotel/motel options here as well. Wyoming isn't so much of a mystery place to me nowadays. It's only a couple of hours away.

I always wondered what the difference between a "hotel" and "motel" was (other than the price) and I think I've come to a solid conclusion. My ever-so-generous brother in law who is a regular traveler for his job had some points racked up with Holiday Inn so I am writing to you from the comforts of my nice, quiet, dry bed. I throw dry in there for good reason. Motel 6 in Iowa City -- WET. The rooms were damp. I'm not exaggerating this in the slightest. It kind of blew my mind how everything was wet. (Allow me to flashback to one of my favorite scenes from "The Proposal" where they run into each other naked: "BUT I DON'T UNDERSTAND! WHY ARE YOU WET??) Precisely my question indeed Motel 6! The floors, sheets, pillows...they all had a dampness. AP didn't believe me at first, but the next morning he even realized that everything was in fact, wet. I digress. (Got myself on a little tangent there...)
Last night we stayed at a Super8 Motel. The beds, comfortable. The service, adequate. Complimentary breakfast, carb city but they had one of those flip over waffle makers and some peanut butter and honey so I couldn't complain too much. I thought it was pretty decent (definitely overpriced though). Then we get to the Holiday Inn. The staff wears uniforms, the beds have wood furniture and towels big enough to cover your whole body. There is a business center, restaurant and bar and room service. There we go folks. Room service makes the difference. Uniforms and polite, friendly service makes a difference. I now know the difference between motel and hotel. I'm not sure if for one night's stay it would be worth the extra cash to stay in a hotel vs. a motel, but I do know that I would at least feel like I might be getting my money's worth at a hotel. I feel like most motels are kind of a rip off.
So tomorrow I'll be back in Rexburg. Ah, Rexburg, Idaho. I'm excited to see friends and to get back to some sort of normalcy and schedule. I still feel a little sad about leaving, but it wasn't as bad today as it was yesterday. Things are starting to feel good again. I will see mountains tomorrow. I'm thrilled about that.

This month is National Yoga Awareness month! I can tell you that I ♥ Yoga and I recommend it to everyone. It is not just a workout for the mind, but for the soul. That is definitely one of my favorite things about it. I always feel so energized and strong when I am done. Have you done your yoga? :)


There are FREE yoga classes being offered all month long at various gyms throughout the United States. Click the link to find out more! 


Namiste,

Courtney

1 comment:

The Miranda's said...

thanks for giving me your analysis on motels vs hotels. it was informative. and no, I have yet to do my Yoga.maybe another day. : )