Thursday, March 13, 2008

Some random writings...

February 29, 2008 (Technically March 1, 2008 at 1:44am)

Brothers and Sisters,

I am writing this now because I know that what I want to say today, I knew at this moment. This week has been a bit of a challenge…most of you know that I am a server and I work a LOT. It’s trying on my brain, my body and my Spirit at times…but nonetheless, I know it is a blessing that I have it. Today (On Friday), on my way to work I was in a hurry, because I was running late (as I often do…) and so I was praying in my car. I asked the Lord two very specific things in this prayer…one, I needed to make good money today to make rent…and two, I wanted to be able to share with someone my knowledge of the Book of Mormon. Mark my words that the Lord answers our prayers…I didn’t make a fortune, but I made the most off my tables that I could have and was able to serve them well. Also, I was able to share with my co-workers more knowledge of the Book of Mormon.

I have a testimony of the power of prayer. However, more than anything, I want you to know that I have a testimony of the atonement of Jesus Christ and the healing powers that are held within it. One day, I hope to kneel across an alter in a white dress before a man that I am willing to tolerate and love and all that other stuff for all time and eternity. There are many days that I feel that I don’t deserve that…and not only that I don’t deserve that, but that I don’t deserve a man who is “truly worthy” of the same thing. Then I remember the promise that is given…if we truly repent, he will remember our sins no more. They’re gone. They don’t exist. That is the healing power of the atonement…we are again made clean and pure. I am no more less worthy than anyone else….am I less naïve because I’ve made mistakes? Maybe. But in the sight of the Lord, because I have repented, I am equal. The day I was baptized, all of the sins committed prior to that day were forgiven…gone, finished. Each time I take the sacrament, each time I repent…those sins are gone, done, forgiven. We know this, but do we really stop to think about it? Because we are mortal and we have memories that are in tact….we continually punish ourselves. But I am sure of it that the Lord remembers them no more. If I continue to be obedient, and continue to repent when I make mistakes….I can stand spotless before my Maker. I can be with Him again. I have known this for quite sometime, but now I can see it, understand it and almost taste it. The For the Strength of Youth Pamphlet has increased from 16 pages to 43 pages since 1965….and I know it is for a reason. We are battling a much bigger and stronger war…Satan has sharpened his sword…so I know that means that many of us have bigger wounds and more battle scars. But with the blood of Christ, our wounds heal and our scars disappear. If we fight for Him, we will ultimately win, and we will truly be spotless…no battle wounds, no scars…just perfect.

No comments: