Thursday, August 7, 2008

I'm such a good wife....

All that is true except the reality that I'm not a wife! lol. You better believe that I'm going to make some man REAL happy someday though. He will be well fed....and it won't even be junk food! Not to mention, I can make a man weak in his knees.....well, we'll just say that's what I've been told. LOL!!!!!

I can't even tell you how dramatic my job has been lately. I could write a book, yet at this moment I'm choosing to plead the fifth because it's almost too much! I'll put it this way....I've now changed my prayers to Heavenly Father from "Please help today to be a good day" to "Please give me the strength to deal with all of the drama and maintain a positive attitude at work". One day soon I'll take some time to fill you in....if you haven't already seen it on the news.

So I've been on Phase I of the south beach diet this week...I'm going into day five tomorrow. I am actually really surprised that I haven't eaten a SINGLE OUNCE of bread, pasta, potatoes, carrots, corn, or sugar......I have no idea if it's actually working...but I'll let you know. For more detailed information about the diet, see my diet blog (Link on side of page).

So I've been extra bored lately. I remember the good ol days when I always had something to do...I even had too MUCH to do sometimes! I've really had to dig down deep to find that satisfaction of spending a LOT of time with myself and no one else. It hasn't been the most fun I've ever had. Honestly, it just gives me too much time to think and analyze everything about life. I am pretty happy with myself, so hanging out with myself isn't a terrible...but it's when you start talking to yourself that the problems arise.

Something I've realized is that being "independent" doesn't necessarily mean being alone. You can be an independent thinker and do what makes you happy. And I'm not doing enough of what makes me happy. The only problem with that is often, being with other people is what makes me happiest. Hmmm.....I guess I'll have to ponder that one too.

I've learned a valuable lesson......sun dried tomatoes and crabmeat don't really mesh. The flavors are most definitely not complementary to one another. Tolerable, yes. Desirable? No.

Live, Love and Laugh people. I came up with a pretty decent quote today...and that is this...

Life is what you make it. So make it grand, make it beautiful, and make it count.



Aint it good to be a gangsta? I think so.

No comments: