Friday, August 1, 2008

Mass Avenue Adventures...


Today I took a walk with my "fabulous" friend Eric down to Mass Ave to check out some art galleries and boutique shops. I fell in love. First thing first, I cannot WAIT to have a kitchen stocked full of incredible, beautiful cookbooks. I've decided that my dream kitchen consists of a floor to ceiling built in bookshelf for all of my cookbooks. Anyone who is ever looking for a gift idea...buy me a cookbook about anything healthy (or creative cooking). There was one boutique shop that I could have spent all night in...and I could have purchased just about everything I saw.
There was a great clothing boutique that really motivated me to keep working out and go back to college so I can be rich and afford those beautiful clothes. My body and budget are two giant obstacles in my quest to surround myself with beauty. To me, that is one of the greatest things about life. There is so much beauty. This flower, for instance, is a miracle. Gerber daisies are my most favorite flowers. They are vibrant and all around lovely. When I have a home and family of my own, I want a bouquet of fresh gerber daisies to grace a part of my home. Perhaps a bathroom, maybe a den or guest room. But there will always be fresh flowers to look at and smell. There is just something about them that make me smile.
My goals for life are simple. Be pure, be clean, be beautiful and be happy. By being those things, I can bless others by teaching them the same principles. There is so much beauty in this world. I feel a more in tune with the Lord because he is an artist and creates beautiful things. I think Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are both left handed. I've decided. They are too creative to be right handed!!!
The next few weeks, or even months, or going to be interesting. I am, by nature, a very extroverted person; however, I feel that I might become a bit more introverted as I focus on getting myself out to school. Being an introvert is definitely cheaper. HA! Most of my closest friends are all married or getting ready to be married, or having their first child. Those things take time and definitely rank higher on the priority list than little ol' me. I am so happy for all of them. I have a LOT of gifts to buy this year......and am excited to think about being a part of their lives as their children grow. I don't think about it often, but I think about in 20 years from now when everyone's kids are grown. What will life be like then?! I can only imagine it to be just as beautiful and amazing as it is right now. Some of my friends will be sending their sons on missions in 20 years. Isn't that crazy!? Okay, okay, I'll stop rushing the future. It's best to take life a day at a time.

Things aren't exactly how I want them to be right now....but they are just as they are. I can only make the best with what I have and do my best to make the most of every day. I am not always good at that, but I do try. I am missing someone a lot right now....and this situation is one that will continue to push me to be the woman I know I am. That is my greatest struggle...to be the person I am in my head. To make my dreams a reality. My mom always told me to dream big and to never let anything get in the way of that....well here I go.

No comments: