Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Poetry Time

Sometimes I just have a rush of thoughts in my head. Most of the time they make no sense at all. And most of the time I'm not close to a computer or somewhere to write them down, but for those occasions when they still don't make sense, but I am in a place to write them down, things like these happen.

Enjoy.


-------------------------------

If writing was free from passion than it wouldn't be writing at all.
It's just words on a paper.
They don't have to make sense. Because I don't make sense.
Words, my words. They are all I have.
They hug me, touch me, save me, hate me.
They are the very things that I go to bed with every night and wake up with every morning.
Words. Inside, outside, underneath and above you.
These are the things that break lives apart and bring them together.
Get your words away from my head and out of my heart and instead keep them for a rainy day.
Celebrate your words with silence.
Celebrate silence with dancing.
Celebrate dancing with music.
And celebrate music by singing with the words.

--------------------------------------------

Hit the default button and press go as hard as you can.
My camera won't turn on and I can't see you.
You're there, but you're not and my fingers fly across the keyboard.
Just think. Let go. Be free.
Don't judge me, mock me, taste me or please me.
Just let me.
It's tender you in all of your glory.
It's amazing you in all your selfish words and ways.
It doesn't have to rhyme.
Allow your heart to be free and soar up top that mountain.
Shine like the stars and the moon.
No, shine like the sun.

-----------------------------------------------------

Love.
Love.
Love.
Can you stand it? Can you feel it.
Love.
Shouldn't you be in bed?
Love.
Can't you wake up without pain?
Love.
Stand up and be mine.
Love.
Shout it out and sacrifice for me. Give me all you have and beat next to mine.
I feel your heart, I feel your body. I feel your warmth.
I feel your love.
Love.


---------------------------------------------


Sweet baby whispers in a voice we all understand.
She saw His face and now she's in your hands.
You touch her, you smile at her. You are in love with her.
She became all you've ever seen in yourself.
Stop. Breathe. Take it all in.
Bright eyes. Small feet. Tiny toes.
Sweet baby. Be mine forever. Sweet baby Lily girl.

(This one is a poem for my best friend Kiera and her husband Hyrum. They just had their first little baby girl. I'm poor and suck at giving gifts even though I always want to...and her christmas present is still in my trunk. So this is my gift for the time being...)

------------------------------------------

Combine me with your hopes, your dreams
and love me for the end of time.
Tell me that the stars shine for me
and whisper sweet nothings you purchased from a storyline.
Take me down to the valley and up to the top of the mountains
with your kisses.
Make my heart ache and sing simultaneously.
Short breaths and hushed voices in the night signify our romance.
Risk it all, and tell me your deepest desires.
I have memorized the lines of your face. I have studied you from head to toe.
Let me practice on you until forever.
Be with me.
Stay with me.
Love me.

-----------------------------------------------

I have seen you before in my heart somewhere.
Do you stop and say hello or just walk on by?
I enter in grandeur to an empty room.
Stop me before I open my mouth again.
I say too much too fast. I laugh too hard and too loud.
I love too much too soon. I drown out the crowd.
I am imperfect and I expect nothing.
Yet you think I expect everything.
Don't push me aside for saying too much.
Don't walk away because I walk too close.
Dance with me.
Hold me.
Talk to me and console me.
Console me from missing you.
Help me walk slower.
Teach me to talk softer.
Fill up my room.

------------------------------------------------------
So I know I'm not some master poet...but I thought I'd share. :) Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: