Thursday, June 5, 2008

Spring into Summer Cleaning...



The house is clean...and more importantly...my CAR is clean. What a lovely feeling!

I am happy to report that life is just grand. Sure, there are bumps and stress but I have really felt great about things lately. I finally have given it all to the Lord and know that he will take care of me. I like it when he helps anyways!! My life has been filled with great music lately (props to a great friend for some terrific finds). I've always been a John Mayer fan but never really listened to anything other than what is on the radio. Let me tell you....his songs are incredible. Summer is FINALLY here and man has it been a stormy start!!! I'm starting to get excited about the warm weather, sunshine, windows down and being able to go camping and to the beach! I'll always be an Indiana girl...but I think I'm a west coaster at heart. I love water and nature. I feel like I'm whole and can really appreciate the Earth and the creation when I'm sitting and staring at a beautiful lake or ocean.

I've been spending and devoting a lot of time lately to helping a friend as he journeys through becoming the man he wants to be...and the man I already see. He's a pretty incredible person...and I can post that publicly because I tell him all the time! He's a convert to the LDS church of about 18 months and has had his fair share of ups and downs. I just look at him and see this incredible strength and determination. We talk and talk and talk about the Gospel and I LOVE IT! A couple of times we have sat and read the Scriptures in his car before leaving the church parking lot and let me tell you...I pretty much love reading the scriptures with him. It's so uplifting! I am so blessed to have met him and enjoy being able to help one another on this journey called LIFE! The thing more than anything that he has helped me with is really appreciating life and being more optimistic. I was really struggling with that...and he was struggling in other areas of his life. So we've been able to help one another. It's a pretty incredible feeling to help and be helped in that capacity. He probably gets sick of me bugging him...nah...he probably loves it! lol.

Tomorrow is already Friday...where on earth did this weekend go!? CRAZY! It flew by!! I have had the apartment to myself this week and it's been quiet...I have enjoyed having some time to myself lately but I do miss Amy. I'm not sure what this weekend will bring...but I'm excited about it. I have some great options...I'm just not sure which direction to go in yet!!!

PS. Have I mentioned how much I love music?! I FINALLY BOUGHT AN IPOD!!!!!!!! I'm SOOOO excited about it! It's 6GB and holds up to 1500 songs! I already have almost 400 songs on my computer and I've only had the computer for a month or so since it crashed on me! I can't wait to be able to take all my music with me wherever I go!!! WHOO!!! haha.

So now I am just waiting on my laundry to get done. I made a final decision to make the colors in my bedroom blue, teal and chocolate brown/tan. I tried out black but I'm just not feeling it. It's always good to keep back up sheets though. :)

Okay...well I think I'm going to do some reading while my laundry is finishing up!

♥ Court

No comments: