Thursday, May 15, 2008

All I can do is keep breathing

The title is one of my favorite lines to my favorite song. This past week has been a testament of that. I have been in a FABULOUS mood for the most part in the past few days. Things are going along well....it's been tiring and stressful at times but all in all, life is happening and I'm finally learning to just live moment to moment and just enjoy it! Breathe it all in!

So my boss walked out on Monday...no notice...just kind of looked at me and said "Um, I just don't think I can do this anymore" and around lunch time. I knew it was coming, I just didn't know when. So she's gone and it's pretty much back to normal. I'm running the show now...not officially but I'll be having that conversation with the big boss next week. I know what I want...and it's a matter of making a compromise to benefit us both. So please keep me in your prayers and I am able to get a good raise. I need it!!! I kind of deserve it to, I think! :)

Have you ever met someone that you can talk to for hours on end? I haven't had anyone in my life like that since....well I don't even know if I've ever had anyone in my life like that. I definitely haven't since becoming an adult. But a few weeks ago, someone pulled me aside and we had a nice chat. Then we talked on the phone for the first time....and two hours later, we found ourselves droopy eyed and fighting to stay awake so we finally got off the phone. The second time...three hours....and now, an hour and a half is the shortest conversation we've had. We talk about everything...the Gospel, love, life, relationships, cars, kitchens....and it's so great! So that's definitely been contributing to helping my mood stabilize through the chaos. It's nice to have someone that you can trust and pretty much tell them anything. Not only that, but to agree on opinions and seeing eye to eye...it's just fabulous! So I'm breathing that in right now and enjoying it while it lasts....

We are remodeling my office and I'm PUMPED about it! This weekend is when the ceramic tile is installed....I pray it's not a disaster and I can't wait to see the finished product. I'll take pictures for you!

PS. I love the Gospel.

-Court

No comments: