Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Today is always hit or miss with me. It's a day to reflect and celebrate our mothers. My mother is laid to rest in a small cemetery in Whitestown, Indiana. She died a little over 10 years ago. I think of her often. My mother was not a perfect woman, but her love for me was perfect and unconditional. She was a woman of many mistakes regarding finances...but she understood loyalty, compassion and how to be a nurturer. By definition of a mother, she was all I could have ever asked for. I never doubted her love for me and I never second guessed that I wasn't the most important thing to her in the world. I miss her laugh, her talks, her smile and her spirit but I am all the more grateful for my knowledge of the Gospel and of the eternal nature of the family. It is sad that my friends and future family will not know my mother in this life, but I have faith in the Lord that through His plan, we will all be together again in the life to come. I celebrate you, Mom. You have taught me a lot about how a great mom should be!

As I have been preparing to take out my endowments in the temple, I think often of my mother...for I will be able to do her work and help her progress along this journey with me. We always did everything together, so why not this?! I am so excited to go to the temple!! Church turned out to be a really great day and I really enjoyed the talks. They helped me keep perspective.

I know that families can be together forever...and that makes me very happy!

No comments: