Saturday, May 3, 2008

Mini Marathon 2008

It was an early, early morning today but an opportunity that really only comes along once a year. I am referring to working at a water station for the Mini Marathon (a 13.1 mile race). As a group, members from different wards come together, along with some great help from the missionaries and we encourage and pass out water to the runners/walkers. I saw so many people today...people who had trained and set a goal to finish this race. For whatever their reason, they were a source of inspiration to me!! I saw people of all sizes and shapes out there...determined to finish. The location of our station is prime as we see the runners twice...once at their first mile out and again when they only have one mile to go! It was incredible!! It's truly a rewarding and wonderful experience!!

Here are some pictures...they were taken on my camera phone so I'm sorry if they're not the greatest!





It's not the best picture but that that's my favorite place in the world! My home...good ol Indy!


They were identical twins!!! I think they were probably in the top 20 finishers.


You can't see it super well...but that is one of the leaders...imagine that, he's african. lol.


The sexiest car ever made....Chevrolet Corvette (official pace car of the 2008 Indy 500)


This is inspiration!!! This guy was the winner of the wheelchair.


Cups....lots and lots of cups!




This is a picture of the sea of people we handed out water to. We saw masses of people like this for two solid hours!!!

No comments: