Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The small things...

"Don't men know that all women want is to have babies?".....

I just wanted to throw that quote out there because I found it to be endearing and sweet by my good friend. She is so right...we really aren't as complex as everyone makes it out to be. We just want to love and take care of someone...and be loved and taken care of in return. Pretty simple stuff!!!

On a different note, I had a small little revelation I'd like to share with you. It's called "putting the Lord first". Who would have thought that this would be a grand revelation in my life! It's not like I don't ever put him first, or that he isn't a HUGE priority already, but putting his will first in my life, and then taking care of myself, is how we obtain everything else in life we want. I know what I want most in life, but I also know that I have to be VERY patient to get it. I know that in order to have what I really want, I need to put the Lord first, myself second, and the rest will fall into place. That's just how it should go!!

Yesterday I was being tempted pretty hardcore and I did everything I knew to resist it and it worked! One of my plans even backfired but I sucked it up and kept going, kept resisting. It felt nice to know that I can be stronger if I really try. I had to pray for help. I had to seek out a divine distraction. And in the end, I won. HAHA SATAN!!! lol

I've also started to see how Satan is trying to distract me and bring me down by putting a lot of self doubt in my head. I have spent years never questioning myself and having confidence in who I am and what I stand for...and for the past three years, Satan has spent all that time putting situations in my life that have caused me to doubt myself or become disappointed. He has set trap after trap because he knows my greatest weakness. Now that I've finally seen this, maybe once and for all I can overcome it! I have no reason to doubt myself....I only have reason to keep working to be a better person for my sake and my sake only.

On this same topic.....it has been more and more apparent to me how long I have been single. And going along with what was said in the paragraph above....WHY!? I'm not saying I'm perfect by any means, but I'm pretty flippin fabulous...so why am I still searching? Maybe it's because I dated so many guys that I settled for that I finally decided the next guy would be someone I didn't settle for...but someone I had to work for, someone that pushes me to be better just because of who they are, someone who I admire and respect for the way they live their life...and most importantly, someone who can look at me and see past the outside. I dont think the outside is bad necessarily, but eventually looks fade and what you're left with is their core...the person they are on the inside. I want someone who looks at me and sees me in a different way than the natural man. So I guess I just answered my own question...because let's face it...those guys are hard to find! Especially when you live in Indiana.....not exactly living in the land of mormon men here.

So that's my ramblings for today.

PS...I'm almost done with the new testament. I'm pretty pumped.

1 comment:

holly said...

You are right, girl. I think both men and women want the same things. We all want someone to love and be loved by unconditionally. We all want someone to take care of us. And we all want babies, I mean, we all want to have a family. =)