Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Christmas Wish List.

Tis the season to be jolly. Oh, and you're welcome for making Mariah Carey the song you hear EVERY time you look at my blog. Since it's a seasonal favorite, I wear it out. Just turn up the volume, sing to some random object that you pretend is your boyfriend/girlfriend/crush/spouse/or something else??? (I'm kind of wondering what something else could be...but I don't want to leave anything out.) I think you'll thank me later.

So...Christmas is about much more than presents. It's actually about Jesus. And all the warm fuzzies that having Jesus in your life brings. But, for this post, I'm focusing on the presents. Why? Because this year I'm pretty sure I'm not getting boat loads of things for Christmas. My family did a "secret" drawing to do as a gift exchange -- so we're only buying for one person and then the kids. Here's what my family failed to think about when doing this.

1. They all have spouses and children. I DON'T. Therefore, they will get more than just the one gift from the family gift exchange. (and they have someone to open presents up with other than just the family on Christmas morning -- which since we are doing our gift exchange a week before Christmas, I will not. Depressing? A little.)

2. They all have kids who will still get lots of presents. I DON'T. And any parent knows that when someone buys something for your kids, it's like an indirect gift for you because it's one less thing you have buy for them.

3. Did I mention I don't have a spouse, or children???

4. I'm not bitter about that though.

Our "secret" exchange didn't stay secret for very long though. Especially because my sister Jaime wanted to draw me because she already knew what she was going to get me for Christmas -- so she switched until she found me. AND my gift was something that had to be picked out...so I know that I'm getting e.l.f. makeup. I'm excited about it for sure. And my g-ma...I do love my g-ma...gave me a little extra loot this year to buy new tires for my car. That was a serious mega help in the trip out to Idaho frenzy.

I can't complain really, and I definitely know I shouldn't complain. So let's not think of this as a complaint -- let's think of this as being mildly greedy. I will repent of it later. For now -- it's on with the list!


So.......here is the coveted list. (Then the voice in my head says: "Thou shall not covet." Ugh. I hate my conscience sometimes. It always telling me to do the right thing.)

Okay -- so let's not call it coveting. I don't know what else to call it, but let's not call it that. :)

The if-someone-else-doesn't-buy-it-i'll-probably-buy-it-for-myself-so-please-buy-it-for-me list.


1. North Face Fleece Jacket -- I have always wanted one of these. They are so comfortable and warm and...welllllll...expensive. But I'm moving to IDAHO people. It's COLD COLD COLD there. I feel it would be well worth the your investment.


2. Ugg Boots -- Okay, so you're seeing a winter weather fashion theme already aren't you??? I just want a pair of warm fuzzy boot to keep me warm whilst I walk to class. They don't even have to be REAL Uggs. I'll admit, I thought these boots were RIDIC when they first came out... but now, they have grown on me immensely. For the record, I wear a 7.5 :) ORRRR If you find youth ones, I wear a 6 in youth sizes. (I drive a hard bargain being addicted to shoes and all -- so if you can find 'em in the kid's department, I will gladly pay $30-$40 less.)

3. Dolce and Gabbana Sunglasses. I saw these beauties at the Sunglass Hut a while back and I felllll iiiinnnnn loooooovvvveeee. I love sunglasses. Especially the ones that cover half of your face (don't ask why, okay? I just do!). Target has a lovely selection, but the Sunglass Hut kind of made me go crazy. I likey these a LOT. P-p-p-pa-lllleeeeaasse?

That's really it.

Oh, and some new PUMAS.






Yes, I want all of them. Any of them. But mostly, ALL of them. :)


I could go on. But I won't. I don't want to be more than mildly greedy.


On the other hand, you could just give me cash too. I'll always GLADLY except cash gifts.


MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: