Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fabulous Quotes and Poems.

life is becoming.
less livable.
with each new person I meet
I wonder, is this the day
fate has chosen, or is fate
what I have chosen to get me
through the day?
loving
is the most
creative
force in the universe.
the memory of loving,
the most
destructive.





--------------------------------------------



To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose
under the heaven.
A time to be born, and a time to die;

a time to plant,
and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal;

a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh;

a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones,
and a time to gather stones together;
A time to embrace,
and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose;

a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew;

a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate;

a time of war, and a time of peace.




---------------------------------------------------------------------




My life has fallen down
around me before
--lots of times,
for lots of reasons--
usually other people.

And most of the time
I was fortunate enough
to have a large lump of
that life hit me on the
head and render me numb
to the pain and desolation
that followed.

And I survived.

And I live to love again.

But this,

this slow erosion from below
--or within--
it's me falling down around my life
because you're still in that life--but not really.
And you're out of that life--but not quite.
I do all right alone,

and better together,
but I do very poorly when semi-together.
In solitude
I do much,
in love I do more,
but in doubt
I only transfer
pain to paper
in gigantic Passion Plays
complete with miracles and martyrs
and crucifixions and resurrections.

Come to stay
or
stay away.

This series of passion poems
is becoming a heavy cross to bare.


------------------------------------------------------------




the sun will rise
in a few minutes. it's been doing it
--regularly--
for as long as I
can remember.
maybe I should
pin my hopes
on important,
but often
unnoticed,
certainties
like that, not on such relatively
trivial matters as
whether you will ever
love me
or not
I must conquer my loneliness

alone.

I must be happy with myself
or I have
nothing
to offer.

Two halves have
little choice
but to
join,
and yes,
they do
make a
whole.

but two
wholes,
when they coincide. . .
that is
beauty.
that is
love.


--------------------------------------------------


This last one is my favorite. It's also probably the most applicable to my current state of being. (Note: All poems are taken from a book about surviving a loss.)

No comments: